Easy Home Updates for Summer

June 25, 2017

Hey everyone! It's been a full month since my last post. If I really want to stay on top of this blog thing, I really should post more, huh? Well, one of THE most amazing things has happened this month - I'm engaged! So naturally I'm pretty much non-stop thinking about what our wedding plans will be and believe me, I have a lot of ideas :) I will keep you posted on that, but in the meantime I've put together ways to update your home for summer. I love introducing more greenery, lightening up my bedding, and switching out candles for more summery scents. What are your go-to summer home updates??


1 / summer candle / white company
The White Company just opened by my job, and when I checked it out I fell in love. I LOVE their candles like this summer scent one and they also have a lavender one that is amazing.

2 / organic washed linen sheet sets / west elm
I love switching out my sheet sets to something lighter and more breathable - in the summer and winter, too. Something like a washed cotton or linen will have a lighter feel and keep you cooler at night.




3 / eva tassel + kyoto pillow covers / serena + lily
One thing is for sure - I love pillows. I think it's great to use lighter or darker neutrals for your main pillows so you have more versatility to mix in others when the seasons change.



4 / white stone terrarium / west elm
I absolutely love this terrarium collection! I have one that has the natural wood as the base. Each one is handmade and the glass is actually burned and then melted onto the wood. I would recommend going to a west elm if you can to pick yours in person like I did. 




5 / multi colored dish towels / anthropologie
Switching up your dishtowels in the kitchen is a small, fun way to get in the summer spirit.




6 / striped bath mat / target 
Changing out your bath accessories like your bath mat, towels and shower curtain is also another small, fun way to bring summer into your home.

7 / favorite fruit pot / anthropologie
I love how whimsical these planters are! Perfect for summer. 







xo,
Lauren









Post a Comment