Happy Sunday

March 12, 2017

Happy Sunday everyone! Mine consisted of getting over a cold and headache but I am feeling better and ready to start my week. My swatches from MotifPillows on Etsy came the other day and I finally placed my order! I ordered two of these handmade shibori inspired pillows for our bedroom and another swatch to be delivered. You may be thinking, "What the heck is shibori and who puts that much thought into just pillows??" Well to answer part one, shibori is a type of Japanese handmade dying technique dating back to the 8th century so each pillow made with this technique is a meticulous one-of-a-kind piece. To answer part two, me! and I am not the only one. Pillows are just one simple way to make a huge impact and quick change to a space which is why I love pillows and all textiles so much. I don't mind spending a little more for a handmade pillow and supporting small businesses! Excited for my new pillows to come in... once I can find a new rug for our living room, I'll be looking into new pillows in that space, too. Oh, and here's a sneak peak of my newest painting's palette I recently finished :) Stay tuned for the next post on my new piece!









xo,
Lauren

Post a Comment