Bring it On, 2017

January 4, 2017

Hello all and Happy New Year! It's been quite some time that I haven't made a post (I feel like that is the start of the last few post's I've done) but I am back! This year I am committed to doing a few things that I been thinking about for quite some time. For more than a year, I've been pondering the thought of getting my degree in Interior Design versus taking individual classes, or just gaining as much experience as possible without taking any classes. Although I have been gaining invaluable experience, I would love to take classes to learn the different computer programs which ultimately leads me to my first goal of 2017 - to apply to FIT and start classes this year. My second goal is to own my art business. Lately, I have only been creating custom paintings which aren't always what I want to paint. I would love to create one piece each month or two, and post it on my Etsy page. I have fell off of my Etsy, too, as I haven't kept it up to date at all so I really would love to take the time and create paintings that I love and mean something to me, and if someone wants to purchase it, even better :) My third goal this year is to design a whole space whether it's my own or another's and enhance my portfolio. I can create space plans and mood boards, but I would love to see them come to life in one's home. My very fourth goal is to learn Spanish. I have taken Spanish in high school and two years in college so you would think I could speak fluently by now but that's not the case. I think it's so beneficial to know another language, and this is the year I am going to try my best to learn Spanish as fluently as possible. So there it is! I know it sounds like a lot, but I feel like if I stay committed and set timelines for myself, I can reach them all. I encourage all of you to continue to follow your dreams, whatever they may be. The below quote couldn't of said it better. Stay tuned for my next post!

PS. Redesign of my blog coming soon :)




Post a Comment