My Dream Home: Living Room

January 26, 2015

It's been a while since I've created a mood board for the fun of it so when I started to find a ton of items on my favorite sites I figured I had to pull some of these items together. I've been in love with the Hamilton Sofa from west elm since they came out with it last summer -- the tan, aniline leather is gorgeous and soooo soft -- you really have to go check it out if there's a west elm store by you. I've been dying to get my hands on some pillows from Lulu & Georgia -- if you haven't seen their selection of textiles you need to do that. right. now. Okay, maybe after reading this post. I'm also a sucker for navy, turquoise and anything black and white so that led me to create the color scheme you're about to see. My heart also aches for items made of natural materials such as marble, reclaimed wood, jute, rattan...as you can see. So I decided to create a living space that just screams me. Antique brass accents make me pretty darn happy, too. Here's a mood board that displays this look with the links to the items below. You're welcome :) 






rug // caterina rug // anthropologie
side table // two tone side table // west elm 
coffee table // boxed frame narrow coffee table, marble top // west elm
sofa // hamilton leather sofa in tan //  west elm
left pillow // crewel lattice pillow cover - blue lagoon // west elm 
lumbar pillow // nate berkus woven cotton printed pillow // target
right pillow // one of a kind pillow, sophia // lulu & georgia
sconce // reed sconce in old brass // rejuvenation 
art // framed print abstract script // west elm
floor lamp // magical thinking geo floor lamp // urban outfitters
console // emmerson reclaimed wood console // west elm
mirrors // hinged hanging mirrors // anthropologie
stools // elsa stool - black // serena & lily



There it is. Did you fall in love with any of these items like I did? There were too many online to choose from so next up I'll be putting together my dream dining room. I didn't follow a budget when picking these items -- I normally wouldn't spend $400 on a wall sconce but it's all about the look. Depending on what else is going on in your space I really do believe it's worth splurging on an item or two that you love and then be frugal with the rest in order to stay on budget. Like the wall art in this space -- you can definitely DIY and get the same look. You really should love everything you have in your home so to me it's totally worth it to mix the high and the DIY (that's a pretty clever saying, actually). Stay tuned for more dream spaces of mine! 





Xo,





Post a Comment