10 Holiday Gift Ideas for 2014

November 20, 2014

Happy Thursday! Such a beautiful day here in SoCal but feeling sorry for all my fellow New Yorkers with the cold weather and the snow -- not here! While I was on a few websites I came across quite a few items that would be great gift ideas (that I would love myself). So if you're 25 like me or know someone who is or someone who would love any of these items than no need to look any further for their gift this holiday. These are definitely a win if you have no idea what to get -- they will surely love any one of these. There are SO many to choose from so it was a tough call picking 10 but here they are:



1. An item that's charming to look at.
These candle holders aren't only holding candles, they are 
their own mini sculpture and will spruce up any space -- office
desk, bathroom, display shelf, bedroom, the list is endless!

2-piece dahlia candle holders / cb2 / $19.95




2. A seasonal scented candle.
These animal candles are so adorable -- you can pick
your friend's favorite animal and inside is a candle with
a seasonal pine scent. I'll take the owl, please!


animal doll candles / west elm / $16 - $22




3. A gift that one can wear.
Stone jewelry is quite trendy right now but I don't
see it going out of style any time soon. I'm loving the 
jade/hemlock color of this stone. I can definitely
picture it in my wardrobe :) 

crystal pendant necklace / urban outfitters / $24




4. Everyone loves decorative and functional storage.
And especially this one. It comes in two sizes and you
don't only have to use this for jewelry. This can be a catch all, 
recipe box, note holder -- pretty much a lot of things. 

faux shagreen box - natural / west elm / $49 - $79




5. A functional kitchen item.
 This utensil holder is part of west elm's collaboration
with FEED. By purchasing any of their items you give back
by providing meals to people in need -- this one specifically 
will provide 42 meals! Their utensils, mason jars, dinnerware, 
and more are also all great gift ideas.


FEED utensil caddy / west elm / $89




6. A place to take notes.
This notebook by Sugar Paper LA is the perfect little
notebook for someone like me (eh em) who likes to stay
organized and likes to have a place to write things down. I 
keep in a little planner/notebook in my bag always because 
1) I design/draw and 2) I'm a list maker. It's a win.

gold star notebook / sugarpaperla / $18


7. A functional item that's pretty to look at.
I LOVE anthropologie's coasters. I currently have their white broken 
glass ones and I'm obsessed. You just can't go wrong -- they look pretty 
on your table while keeping glass marks off of it.

celestial coaster set / anthropologie / $32 set of 4




8. Something to remind them of home.
Have friends or family living out of state? Being from NY I know I would 
love this -- Hemlock and Heather is the maker based in Texas and
 they have other states or you can customize a piece. They have their own
 site or you can buy from west elm. Definitely worth checking out and
you may even want one for yourself. I love original, handmade pieces.

new york wood wall hanging / hemlock and heather for west elm / $130




9. A place to hold pictures.
Yes, that would be a frame. This one I just love the
patterns and colors. Give this to someone as is or place a 
memorable photo inside to make it more personal.

artfully cubed frame / lulu and georgia / $56



10. Something to snuggle up in.
Loving the new Nate Berkus line at Target -- as always-- and who doesn't
love a soft AND stylish throw? Check out this one that is stylish and affordable.

Woven Throw - Dark Gray  / nate berkus for target  / $29.99




There it is - 10 items, 10 perfect gifts. Of course some of these you won't
be giving to a guy friend or family member of yours but I hope this was still able
to give you ideas on what to get any one! I know I would love to get any of these items
this holiday. Feel free to check out each website for tons more great gift ideas.




Xo,





Post a Comment