Crazy for Chevron

February 18, 2013


Chevron(n):
A line or stripe in the shape of a V or an inverted V

Chevron has been around for a long time but if you asked me what chevron was a couple of years ago, I wouldn't have known. I knew what zig-zags and stripes were, but when I knew what chevron was, I fell in love with it. I would say that chevron is the classy and retro inspired version of the zig-zag. This trendy print is everywhere - clothes, curtains, pillows, bedding, rugs, artwork, and even stairs. I want to share some of my favorite ways chevron has been used.


The use of this chevron print made me want to do this in my house one day! It definitely makes a statement but there is not much going on color wise with the rest of this entryway so this black and white chevron rug totally works.

The chevron makes a noticeable statement as an accent wall in this elegant bedroom. Not only is the chevron trendy but the suzani print accent pillows are also. Top it off with a starburst mirror and this space is truly beautiful and stylish.

You don't have to use chevron only as an accent wall - why not use it on the ceiling? I love how elegant and glamorous this bedroom is. The crystal chandelier looks gorgeous hanging from the ceiling and the chevron works perfectly with the space.



I love this bedding set. It's so simple but with the chevron and metallic stitching adds just enough interest to the space.


This chevron print is bold as an accent wall but because it is gray and the splash of color is turquoise, it doesn't over power the space. I love the colors in this teen bedroom!


This painting is an original painting by myself - I love black and white chevron as a background for any painting because then you can add any splash of color you like. In this case I chose shades of turquoise and gray. I didn't want to go crazy with the floral print on top of the chevron print but I loved how it came out! I can tell you one thing- this one sold! 

This painting is by Jennifer Moreman. I love abstract art & the look of the chevron print in this painting and the colors chosen work perfectly together. I just recently bought a chevron bathing suit bottom from Victoria Secret with the same colors after seeing this painting! 


If you didn't know already, now you know all about chevron and I hope you love it just as much as I do. Do you have any chevron in your own home?
(Sources: Etsy, Anonymous)


Xo,









Post a Comment