Doily Print Canvas Collage

December 28, 2012

Hi all! The latest DIY project I have been working on is a doily print canvas collage with The Beatles quotes. I had found these great big doilies and decided to use the design as a stencil. I chose 4 canvases (same size) and had painted each one a certain color (same color scheme for each one). I then added the doily print and finished it with a Beatles quote that I like. Here I will show you how I completed one of the canvases step by step and then show you pictures of the final product:





 Step 1: Paint canvas the background color of your choice. In this case I chose a light turquoise. 

Step 2: Center the doily of your choice in the center of the canvas.

Step 3: Paint over the doily like a stencil with the color of your choice. In this case, I chose grey.

                                               

Step 4: Place the doily over the empty spaces to fill in the rest of the canvas with the doily print. (It does not have to match up because either way it will come out looking like it's suppose to be that way with a really nice vintage look)

Step 5: Picture of the completed doily print over the whole canvas.

Step 6: Stencil on the quote of your choice with any type of font stencil. I chose to paint my letters in white. "All you need is love, love is all you need" - The Beatles

I continued this process with 3 other canvases. Each with different colors but the same color scheme - Turquoise, grey, white and black. I then made a collage over the bed. Here is the completed look:


Top left: "I don't like you, but I love you, seems that I'm always thinking of you" 
Top right: "All you need is love, love is all you need" 
Bottom Left: "One thing I can tell you is you got to be free"
Bottom right: " Imagine I'm in love with you, it's easy cause I know"
- The Beatles



I hope you like it! I encourage you to try this at home with any quote you love. Till next time...


Xo,







2 comments

  1. Such a great idea. I love all your work and different ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work here are you done and here are you given very nice design and know more about this blog click here.

    ReplyDelete